help-debbugs

bug#24265: This is a test

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: bug#24265: This is a test
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 18:32:00 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Glenn,

> Not a big deal, but FYI any package with no maintainer ends up mailing
> the help-debbugs mailing list. Since you have login access to debbugs,
> you can create your own test package by adding an entry to
> /etc/debbugs/Maintainers. See eg my own rgmtest package. Or you can mail
> address@hidden instead of submit.

I've seen this finally, sorry to disturb people. Will try to be more
quiet in the future, while testing.

"test" is an already existing pseudo-package, which was crying to be
used by me for tests. Maybe we could give it a more separated target
address?

> BTW, you seem to be trying to use per-bug subscription.
> This will not work, unless you implement it first! :)
> See https://debbugs.gnu.org/5439
> I imagine one would need to create a separate text file to track
> subscribers internally for each bug, similar to the existing .status
> files.

In fact the Debian BTS supports this. You can write an email to
<address@hidden>, and then you'll get all bug's mails
then. I did two parallel tests, submitting new bugs towards
bugs.debian.org and debbugs.gnu.org (pseudo-package "test" in both
cases), and sending the subscribe email (with another email address of
mine) afterwards. For Debian BTS this succeeded.

Obviously, they have implemented this after 2009, when debbugs.gnu.org
was born. But as far as I can see, this is _not_ an attribute which is
set inside the bug. It seems to be rather a mailing list feature, how
the subscriptions are managed.

This is a little bit unfortune, as I wanted to port this feature to
debbugs.gnu.org. I have no experience with mailing lists.

Best regards, Michael.