help-debbugs

Re: release of GNU adns [and 1 more messages]

From: Ian Jackson
Subject: Re: release of GNU adns [and 1 more messages]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 00:55:20 +0100

Glenn Morris writes ("Re: release of GNU adns [and 1 more messages]"):
> Done.

Thanks.  I have this working now.

FYI, and for the benefit of anyone else with the same problem:

My adns-discuss list is a mailman list set to member posting only (for
spam control reasons).  But of course I want bug submitters to be able
to submit bugs without getting debbugs's messages rejected.  So I had
to persuade mailman to accept debbugs's messages.

This was possible but I had to:

 * In /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py, set
    SENDER_HEADERS = ('from', 'resent-from', None, 'reply-to', 'sender',
'resent-sender')

 * Subscribe address@hidden' to the list using the admin UI,
   turning off invitation, notification, and immediately set that
   subscription to `nomail' and `hide'.

The latter is a bit of a ridiculous thing to do and if you're fairly
quick it shouldn't result in any mail going to address@hidden

Sadly adding that address to `accept_these_nonmembers' doesn't look
like it would work with the version of Mailman I have here (Debian
oldstable) - it actually has to be subscribed :-/.

Ian.