help-bison

Formatter for Bison Input Files

From: Julian Hapke
Subject: Formatter for Bison Input Files
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 08:37:22 +0200

Hello,

having gotten used to using clang-format in C and C++ as well as black in Python, I would like to try and write a file formatter for a different language. Getting started with that as well as having implemented some example grammars for a lecture, I am missing that kind of tool for Bison as well. I was wondering if there is such an automatic formatter for Bison input files. I found this https://github.com/pingcap/tidb/blob/master/parser/goyacc/format_yacc.go, but was not able to build it (at least on the first try). If you know any other tools that provide a formatting feature for Bison, please let me know.

Thanks!

Julian