help-bison

Re: How do I make a relocatable bison?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: How do I make a relocatable bison?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 10:20:04 +0100

Hi David,

> Le 3 mars 2015 à 16:07, Akim Demaille <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
> Hi David,
>
>> Le 19 févr. 2015 à 00:54, David Barto <address@hidden> a écrit :
>>
>> I’m going to configure and build it for $HOME/tools however when it gets to
>> the customer they are going to install it in <whereever>/tools
>>
>> When I try to run it after moving the configured directory I get the
>> following:
>>
>> I configured for /opt/sparqlcity and then renamed that directory to
>> /opt/ubuntu-tools to test that the tools would continue to work. GCC works
>> just fine with a LD_LIBRARY_PATH correction. How do I get bison to work in
>> the same way?
>>

>> bison: /opt/sparqlcity/share/bison/m4sugar/m4sugar.m4: cannot open: No such
>> file or directory
>> *** cmd: /home/scl/DEV/asd-encapsulate/source/tools/bison.sh
>> /home/scl/DEV/asd-encapsulate/dobj/parse/sbxgrammar.cpp
>> /home/scl/DEV/asd-encapsulate/source/parse/sbxgrammar.y
>> *** Error code 1
>
> Bison is not relocatable.  But you can toy with
> environment variables such as BISON_PKGDATADIR to move it.
> Have a look at tests/bison to see how.

Bison was made relocatable:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bison-patches/2018-12/msg00071.html

It should be part of Bison 3.3.  Please, test it and report.
A preview tarball is currently available here:

https://www.lrde.epita.fr/~akim/private/bison/bison-3.2.1.136-a4ed.tar.gz
https://www.lrde.epita.fr/~akim/private/bison/bison-3.2.1.136-a4ed.tar.xz

Cheers!