help-bison

Re: Migrtaion, bison has no option -P like yacc

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Migrtaion, bison has no option -P like yacc
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 16:27:09 +0100

> Le 3 déc. 2018 à 13:38, address@hidden a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>       Appreciate your help for this in advance. Yacc used to have an option
> called -P to pass custom parser (Allows you to specify the parser of your
> choice instead of /usr/share/lib/ccs/yaccpar. For example, you can specify).
> Our code currently using that feature whicn needs to be migrated over to
> bison which doesn't have this option. Any idea about the approach?

I don't know what you call 'yacc'.  What we mean by "Bison is compatible with
YACC", is Bison implements the features of YACC as specified by POSIX
(http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/utilities/yacc.html).  There is
no such thing as -P.

However, Bison features different skeletons (read "backends"), which probably
correspond in spirit with -P, but is certainly not compatible in any way with
your yacc.

Cheers!