help-bison

Re: How to change the default action for selected rules?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: How to change the default action for selected rules?
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 15:12:51 +0200

Le 8 oct. 2013 à 12:51, Markus Elfring <address@hidden> a écrit :

>> Scannerless is a fine idea, however I fear that with Bison
>> you'll get bad performances.
>
> Would you like to try out a design variant for scanner less parsing?

I would welcome such a contribution to Bison.

> I imagine that this design approach would need the possibility to connect a
> data
> type by other means than the statement "%token", wouldn't it?

I don't think so, yet I have not really carefully think about
that.  Joel E. Denny had something somewhere, but I seriously
doubt that we could involve him in Bison nowadays, as his schedule
is tight.

This is a very non trivial change in Bison, which does require
expertise from the contributor.  It's probably not impossibly
hard to have something work, the tricky part is certainly making
it _fast_.