help-autogen

[Help-autogen] solaris 2.6 installation woes

From: Colin Sharpe
Subject: [Help-autogen] solaris 2.6 installation woes
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:59:18 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to install GNU compiler suite on Solaris
2.6 Sparc edition.  I am installing from an FSF
supplied CD ROM.

When I follow the instructions and use cdlndir, I get
a message telling me that the cdrom directory is not a
cd, since there is no TRANS.TBL file.

I have played with this one for quite a while, and I
need help since I have run out of ideas.  I even tried
copying everything under /sol2.6/opt to mu /opt
directory on my hard drive.  I need to know what needs
to be linked in order for the compiler to run.

Thanks in advance

Colin Sharpe