health

Re: [Health] instructions for installing GNU health on MS-Windows 10?

From: Leandro Poli
Subject: Re: [Health] instructions for installing GNU health on MS-Windows 10?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:29:18 -0300

Hi Rich

Althought the installing instructions in wiki are thought for Linux distros, you can perfectly install them on Windows with some caveats:

 1º) You will have to use an installer for PostgresSQL

 2º) You will have to run GNU/Health by hand or make your own Windows Service to autostart it

 3º) You will have to use in Windows Subsystem for Linux according to run the GNU/Health installer (it's written in bash, not batch).

Of course, you still can use a virtual machine with Linux. The above three point are experimentals, but logically right.

Best regards.

Leandro