h-source-users

[H-source-users] Can h-client be used noninteractively to monitor the he

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: [H-source-users] Can h-client be used noninteractively to monitor the health of the server?
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 16:00:50 +1000

Hello,

Given the recent new activity on h-client, and the problem with the
server [1] that went unnoticed for a while, I'm thinking of adding a bit
of monitoring to the server.  After speaking to the FSF tech team, one
possibility is to set up a cron job to create, update and delete a test
entry periodically (e.g. daily), and notify me / the fsf sysadmin if the
server response is unexpected.

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?62574

To that end, I wonder if h-client has any non-interactive interface
(e.g. command line), and if not, whether it is easy to add one?

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.org/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>