guix-devel

Re: Fix grammar and markup (was Re: Feedback of the GNU Guix manual)

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Fix grammar and markup (was Re: Feedback of the GNU Guix manual)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:58:50 +0200

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:
> The problem is that the Emacs Info reader incorrectly renders
> cross-references by default.  I was reading the Texinfo documentation
> in Emacs.

I believe the Emacs errors are historical; looking at Emacs 29.3 as
packaged in Guix, Emacs-Info displays xref properly as See.  Display
errors had existed, but in the past only.

Again thank you for tediously working through deficiencies in Guix’ docs.

Do you agree that I should commit your docs correction with @pxref?
I believe it is an improvement over current “see @ref”, even though it
looks different in the info reader.

Regards,