guix-devel

Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:48:07 +0100

Hi,

On dim., 11 févr. 2024 at 11:38, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 'b4 shazam' is probably the most trouble-free way to apply patches;

I agree*!

>                                                                     it
> even selects the latest revision it finds in the issue thread.  To make
> finding a message-id easier, I've also recently added a 'Copy
> Message-ID' button to the Mumi interface; try it visiting any issue,
> e.g. <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/68990>.  The message-id of any message
> can be easily copied to your clipboard via the new button.

I also agree! :-) What appears to me “difficult” is that most of the
tools as Email client are poorly supporting Message-ID.

For instance, debbugs.el (Gnus).  To my knowledge, there is not easy way
to get the Message-ID when reading an article (bug/patch) from Debbugs.
There is other means for applying patches.  But still each time appears
to me weird. :-)

So thanks for this Mumi addition!

Cheers,
simon

PS: *agree on B4 although there is tricky bugs as reported here:
<https://github.com/mricon/b4/issues/4>.