guix-devel

Re: Committers available for Patch hacking/review meet-up?

From: Steve George
Subject: Re: Committers available for Patch hacking/review meet-up?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 08:34:28 +0000

Hi Andreas,

On 14/02/2024 14:04, Andreas Enge wrote:
Hello,

thanks, Steve, for getting things going!

Am Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 02:48:08PM +0000 schrieb Steve George:
We said they'd be every 13 days, for 3 months to see if it has interest.
Proposed calendar:
7th March (Thursday)

I will be around on this day.

That's brilliant - thanks so much!

Each one held at 19:00 CET / 18:00 BST / 13:00 EST [0] for 1.5 hours.

For these, we will have the daylight savings time switch; so maybe we
should move to 19:00 CEST. Something we can do later.

Argh!

What I propose is that we'd do the following:
1 - 30 mins: a committer runs through their review process, and shows a
recent patch or patches they've reviewed. Really informal showing what they
do.

Well, I only ever look at simple packages, and do not think I have anything
resembling a process to share. But I will try to be around in any case :)
(...)

Understood, any tips, tricks or any thoughts are going to be welcome!

Steve