guix-devel

Re: Golang mudules to follow common grouping

From: Sharlatan Hellseher
Subject: Re: Golang mudules to follow common grouping
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 14:00:11 +0000

Hello,

Thank you for your research on that, I was not expected to go
far like you did :-)

My short plan was to follow existing naming model which is in
use for python-*.scm, lisp-*.scm, perl-*scm, java-*.scm.
I see that golang would need some extra modules in the future
and comparing with python-*.scm the package base is not big
yet.

Let's use  Occam's razor for now. We have few common groups,
the task is to drop use-module (gnu packages golang) for each
of them by sorting packages into recently introduced modules.

- golang-web.scm
- golang-check.scm
- golang-xyz.scm
- golang-crypto.scm