guix-devel

Re: Guix deploy --keep-going equivalent for machine connection failures

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: Guix deploy --keep-going equivalent for machine connection failures
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 17:45:09 +0000

> Another option worth considered is adding a `'can-connection-fail?' (default:
> #f)` to either `machine` or `machine-ssh-configuration`.

i'd call it `ignore-connection-failure?`, or if we want to ignore all problems
for a machine, then `ignore-failure?`.

--keep-going could set the default value for the session, and the machine
specific variable would override it.

as for the implementation, i'd use continuable exceptions of a specific type,
and then from scheme code users could install handlers that ignore the
situation.

avoiding shell scripts these days is a good idea after all.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39