guix-devel

Re: Suggestion for a guix shell feature.

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Suggestion for a guix shell feature.
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 22:10:11 -0500

Hi,

Apoorv <apoorvs@tuta.io> writes:

> There are a lot of libs that need to be added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH for
> my project to compile successfully. I do have gcc-toolchain added in
> the guix.scm file. I had to do a lot of trickery for the shell
> environment to work for me properly, using direnv,

[...]

Did you try the 'guix shell --container --emulate-fhs' trick I suggested
earlier?  I guess it should just work.  What is it that you are
building/attempting to run?

Also, please keep guix-devel@gnu.org and participants in CC, so that
everyone can follow/participate (the easiest way to do so is to "wide
reply" from your email client).

--
Thanks,
Maxim