guix-devel

Re: Upgrading Guix's security team

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: Upgrading Guix's security team
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 06:50:11 +0000

Hi Ludo’ and everyone else,

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 07:16 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> skribis:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 11:31:41PM -0500, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>
> [...]
>>>
>>> Sounds good to me!
>>
>> Sounds good to me too.
>
> I added John and removed myself from the security page in guix-artwork
> commit 1bd9d383cc1de4cf0eb220129c065a98332b798b.

Thanks and happy to be a part of the team!

> I’ve also unsubscribed Andreas and myself from the list; there are now 4
> people subscribed (we should check whether the 4th person wants to be
> officially involved).
>
> Leo, Tobias, and John: What would be a good end-of-term date for each
> one of you?  As I see it, it wouldn’t mean you cannot do an additional
> term but rather that you’ll have an opportunity to leave and that you’ll
> do your best to be around by then.

Seeing as how I'm often away from any Guix computers for a few weeks
at a time over the summer, let me say roughly 6 months, ending on May
15th.

As you say, likely I would be happy to continue, though parts of
summer I tend to be away so it would be good to not have us
shorthanded then. Or maybe staggering when people join/leave with some
overlap is a good plan.

> Thanks again for volunteering, John!
>
> Ludo’.

Welcome and hoping to serve the Guix community well!

John