guix-devel

Re: questionable advice about Geiser load path setting

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: questionable advice about Geiser load path setting
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 21:41:44 -0400

Hello,

wolf <wolf@wolfsden.cz> writes:

[...]

> Geiser seems to add the project root (I assume based on the git) into the load
> path automatically.  geiser-repl-current-project-function seems to be set by
> default, and rest is described in the docs: (geiser)Customization and tips,
> Init
> files and load paths.
>
> Maybe it once was necessary to set this, I am not sure it still is the case.
>
> I also use (setq geiser-repl-per-project-p t) and everything seems to just
> work
> out of the box.

I haven't followed up with the latest Geiser features, but if what you
wrote is true, then it would be nice to streamline our .dir-locals.el
and simply set geiser-repl-per-project-p to t (as a directory-local
variable).

Would you like to see if that continues working the same, across
e.g. Git worktrees of Guix checkouts?

--
Thanks,
Maxim