guix-devel

Guix CLI options through manifest.scm or guix.scm

From: Distopico
Subject: Guix CLI options through manifest.scm or guix.scm
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 13:25:57 -0500

Is it possible to define/express CLI options from manifest.scm or
guix.scm? For example, I have

```
guix shell \
     -m manifest.scm \
     --container -F -N -P \
     --share=/opt/android-sdk \
     --share=$HOME/.android/avd \
     --share=$HOME/.gradle/ \
     --preserve='^DISPLAY$' \
     --preserve='^XAUTHORITY$' \
     --preserve='^DBUS_' \
     --expose=$XAUTHORITY \
     --expose=/var/run/dbus
```

Manually invoking this command is not practical, so I have
`scripts/container.sh`, a script to invoke it, but I think it would be
much more practical if it's possible to define it in a configuration
file similar to docker-compose, which allows almost all CLI options to
be set in the configuration file to avoid having an additional
configuration file.

Or perhaps a Guile script instead of a shell script? How do others
handle this here?

Best regards!