guile-user

Re: [ANN] Guile-SMC 0.6.2 released

From: Artyom V. Poptsov
Subject: Re: [ANN] Guile-SMC 0.6.2 released
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 13:20:08 +0300

Hello Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide!

> Very cool!

Thanks.

> Can Guile-SMC be used as a linter for plantuml?

Yes, to some extent.  The thing is that Guile-SMC currently supports
only a small subset of PlantUML format.  Namely it can read PlantUML
state diagrams (obviously that was first priority for me to implement),
but even here not all diagram features are supported.

For example, Guile-SMC does not understand multi-line commends, "legend"
parameters, styles etc.

With that said, I'm planning to expand the supported subset of PlantUML
state diagram features in the near future.  As the core parser of
PlantUML format itself is compiled from PlantUML description with
Guile-SMC, it is quite easy to add new features from my experience.

- avp

--
Artyom "avp" Poptsov <poptsov.artyom@gmail.com>
Home page: https://memory-heap.org/~avp/