guile-user

Evaluation with function whitelist

From: Ryan Raymond
Subject: Evaluation with function whitelist
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 22:03:59 -0500

Hello, all.
I've been on this for almost a month now. I'm working on a project for my
work, where we need a console to control automation. I wanted to use an
existing language instead of developing one, and I thought Guile would be a
good choice. Basically, I want the user to be able to open a repl shell,
but by default it should have *no* bindings except the ones I whitelisted.

For example, (getcwd) should fail, even (if #t #t #f) should say that "if"
isn't defined. Then I can add in only the procedures I want (plus a couple
automation commands). Does anyone know how to do this? I'm at my wit's end.

I was thinking I could get a list of all the language bindings and un-bind
them in one fell swoop, but I haven't found a way to do that.

Thanks,
Ryan