guile-sources

Re: timezone offsets

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: timezone offsets
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:25:30 +1000

Aaron VanDevender <address@hidden> writes:

> Can't we just consider this a "bug" in the manual and change it to?

mktime and localtime have been following the manual, versus strftime
%z not following it, I think the latter has to be considered the bug.

> I don't think anyone would rather it be seconds west,

East or west is probably a matter of taste.  I see common lisp is
west, maybe guile was vaguely following that originally.  (But in
seconds rather than hours.)

> and I doubt there's
> much that it would break since no one seems to have noticed till now.

Well, since localtime and mktime obey the manual there'd be nothing to
notice for those :-).  For strftime, you're probably right %z hasn't
been much used.

Incidentally, the note in the manual about %Z might apply to %z too.