guile-sources

Useful Sites # 73 about Denmark, Populations, Information Sources and Ex

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 73 about Denmark, Populations, Information Sources and Export America
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 01:42:44 -0500 (EST)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 73 Volume 3
Number 25
December 3, 2003
Issue 73
VOLUME 3 Number 25

 IN THIS ISSUE
DENMARK -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY
POPULATION DATABASE
CYBER TIMES NAVIGATOR
EXPORT AMERICA MAGAZINE

Hello, John McDonnell here, with your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for
International Trade Professionals. This week I found a site to get you up and
running in the Danish market. I also found a site where you can get quick
demographic information about any country in the world. Plus, I have a site
that New York Times reporters use for research -- and you can too! Finally, I
have a site with articles about every facet of exporting, in an easy-to-use
format.
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org
), an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of
7,000 sites related to international trade.

DENMARK -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY
http://www.ibrc.bschool.ukans.edu/country/europe/denmark.html

Denmark has a long history of international trade. After all, this is a country
that was once home to the Vikings, who traded as far east as Central Asia and
as far south as the Mediterranean. Some of their trade was a little one-sided,
of course (it was more "raid" than "trade"), but they did realize the value of
importing. Today, Denmark has a thoroughly modern market economy with a high
dependence on foreign trade. If you'd like to learn more about opportunities
for trade with Denmark, go to the Denmark page at the University of Kansas
International Business Resource Connection
<http://www.ibrc.bschool.ukans.edu/country/europe/denmark.html> (
http://www.ibrc.bschool.ukans.edu/country/europe/denmark.html ). Here you'll
find links to information about Denmark business protocol, negotiating,
customs, trade regulations, investing, health advisories, travel tips,
currency, market conditions, and much more.

There are many more links to Denmark at the FITA site. Go to FITA's
International Trade Web Resources <http://fita.org/webindex/index.html> at
http://fita.org/webindex/index.html, click on Regional Resources and
Multi-Lateral Trading Areas in the left column, then scroll down to Europe and
click on Denmark in the drop-down box. Or simply type "Denmark" in the search
box at http://www.fita.org <http://fita.org/>. There are some great books on
trade with Europe in the FITA Global Trade Bookstore
<http://fita.org/marketplace/eurobooks.php>, including Exporting to Scandinavia
<http://fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=0749426918>.

POPULATION DATABASE
http://esa.un.org/unpp/

If you need some quick demographic data for a country or region of the world,
go to the UN's World Population Prospects Population Database
<http://esa.un.org/unpp/> ( http://esa.un.org/unpp ). At this easy-to- use site
you can get population figures for any country in such categories as: Infant
Mortality, Urban and Rural Population, Median Age, Growth Rate, Fertility Rate,
and Life Expectancy, to name just a few. It's fast, accurate, and has official
UN data.

THE EUROPEAN BUSINESS DIRECTORY
500,000 companies in 33 countries
http://www.europages.com <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz214189>
EUROPAGES <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz214189> is a business
directory listing 500,000 companies selected for their import-export dynamism
in all business sectors in over 35 European countries. EUROPAGES is an ideal
tool for finding new clients, suppliers and partners: it is a popular reference
guide with European purchasing directors. Europages.com
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz214189>, your connection to the
business world !
One single ad in EUROPAGES generates an average of 102 business contacts in one
year. People like Peter from Denmark say, "EUROPAGES is our best investment for
export." Click here <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz214190> to
learn about how your company can be featured in EUROPAGES.

CYBER TIMES NAVIGATOR
http://www.nytimes.com/ref/technology/cybertimes-navigator.html?%20pagewanted=all&position=top/

I've worked in newsrooms, and I learned that reporters always know the best
sources for research. That's why I recommend Cyber Times Navigator
<http://www.nytimes.com/ref/technology/cybertimes-navigator.html?%20pagewanted=all&position=top/>
 ( http://www.nytimes.com/ref/technology/cybertimes-navigator.html ) for anyone
who's doing Web research. Cyber Times Navigator is used by the newsroom of The
New York Times as a portal for Web searches, and it's a great place to start
your research. It has quality links with brief descriptions of each one, and
it's updated frequently. You'll find links to the best search engines,
reference sources, telephone directories, online publications, travel sites,
government agencies, e-commerce (product reviews, discounts, etc.) weather
reports, economic data, entertainment info, and sports scores here. You must
register to use Cyber Times Navigator, but it's free.

EXPORT AMERICA MAGAZINE
http://www.export.gov/exportamerica

I haven't worn neck jewelry since my disco days, but I just learned that should
I ever get nostalgic and drape a gold chain around my neck, it better not be in
Saudi Arabia. That's because the wearing of neck jewelry is prohibited by law
in that country, and Westerners have been arrested for this offense. I learned
this tidbit from Export America Magazine <http://www.export.gov/exportamerica/>
( http://www.export.gov/exportamerica ). This online magazine is full of useful
information about exporting, and although it's published by the U.S. Department
of Commerce, exporters everywhere will find it fascinating. There are articles
on: doing business in the Middle East; international trade scams and
corruption; freight forwarders, customs brokers, and incoterms; marketing and
selling online; delivering customer service in global trade; market conditions
in countries worldwide; and much more. You can view the files in PDF or HTML
format.

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz214187>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz214187>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz214188>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2003 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz214174>

TELL A FRIEND --
http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=11775

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240