guile-sources

Useful Sites # 65 about Baltics, Energy, Reporting and Trade in Seattle

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 65 about Baltics, Energy, Reporting and Trade in Seattle
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:24:47 -0400 (EDT)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 65 Volume 3
Number 17
August 13, 2003
Issue 65
VOLUME 3 Number 17

 IN THIS ISSUE
OUR FEATURED U.S. REGIONAL SITE -- SEATTLE/PACIFIC NORTHWEST
BALTIC SEA STATES
WORLD ENERGY AREAS TO WATCH
POWER REPORTING
FITA's GLOBAL TRADE BOOK STORE

Hello, John McDonnell here, with your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for
International Trade Professionals. In this issue I profile a site that will
help you do business in Seattle (or just do business in general). I also have a
site that's your gateway to trade with the Baltic Sea States, and another that
will keep you updated on world energy hotspots. Finally, there's a site that
gives you the inside scoop on how to find information like an ace reporter.
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org )
at fita.org, an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link
library of 5,000 sites related to international trade.

OUR FEATURED U.S. REGIONAL SITE -- SEATTLE/PACIFIC NORTHWEST
http://www.cityofseattle.net/tda/

Greater Seattle is known for coffeehouses, rain, and Bill Gates' $97 million
house. However, I've learned, you could add international trade to that list.
The area is one of the most trade-dependent regions in the entire U.S. One in
three jobs is tied to international trade, as you would expect from a region
whose ports are closer to Asia than any others on the U.S. West Coast.
A valuable Web site for researching trade with Seattle is the Trade Development
Alliance of Greater Seattle <http://www.cityofseattle.net/tda/> (
http://www.cityofseattle.net/tda/ ). Here you'll find information on Seattle in
15 languages, a directory of international trade organizations, news, tourism &
visitor information, and much more. Click on Trade/Business Information in the
left column, and you'll find lots of helpful information for businesses,
including a list of links for research (International Business Resources)
that's useful no matter what area of the world you're interested in.
There are more useful links to Seattle at the FITA site. Simply type "Seattle"
in the search box at http://www.fita.org. For a list of FITA member
associations in the Greater Seattle area, go to the FITA member directory
<http://www.fita.org/members_dir.html?sfwAction=%20MC_LOGIN_COMMAND&hidOrgID=fita&txtUserId=guest&txtPassword=guest>
 ( http://www.fita.org/members.html ) and type "Seattle" in the search box.

BALTIC SEA STATES
http://bibl.sh.se/baltic

Here's a great resource about the 12 countries that border the Baltic Sea.
Baltic Sea States <http://bibl.sh.se/baltic> ( http://bibl.sh.se/baltic ) has
an easy-to-use format. You just click on a country and then drill down through
the categories (General, Business and Economy, News and Media, Society and
Social Issues, etc.) to find links to information about that country. Or, you
can go right to the categories from the home page, where you'll find
region-specific resources. The Baltic region has been going through major
changes since the fall of the Soviet Union, and you'll be able to stay current
by visiting this Web site.

THE FITA BUY/SELL EXCHANGE
http://fita.worldbid.com <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz129000>

FITA's business-to-business marketplace
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz129000> at http://fita.worldbid.com
helps your company find more business by delivering tender opportunities, RFQ's
and qualified offers to buy and sell. The FITA Buy/Sell Exchange
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz129000> give you access to a global
network of affiliated trade sites that work together to bring together
businesses across borders.

According to Tom Huynh of AAA Wholesale Distributor, "...Worldbid.com [FITA's
partner powering the Buy Sell Exchange] has given us an opportunity to conduct
our [giftware] business worldwide."

Click here <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz129000> to boost your
trading with the FITA Buy/Sell Exchange, powered by Worldbid.com.

WORLD ENERGY AREAS TO WATCH
http://www.eia.doe.gov/cabs/hot.html

The oil and gas industry is such a critical part of the world economy that a
hiccup in the Middle East can affect gas prices halfway around the world. If
you'd like to keep up on the hotspots in the energy market, go to World Energy
"Areas to Watch" <http://www.eia.doe.gov/cabs/hot.html> (
http://www.eia.doe.gov/cabs/hot.html ). This Energy Information Administration
site has summaries, news, and analysis about current events in countries and
regions that are critical to the energy market. For more detailed information,
just click on the country, and you'll get a comprehensive "Country Analysis
Brief" with a map, background notes, and useful links.

POWER REPORTING
http://www.powerreporting.com

If you want the inside story on just about anything, ask a journalist.
Journalists are trained to get the facts (I know; I worked in newspapers
myself), and to dig deep for information. So when I found a Web site with
research tools for journalists, I knew it had to be useful. Power Reporting
<http://www.powerreporting.com> ( http://www.powerreporting.com ) has thousands
of links to sites where you can find things like: phone numbers, annual
reports, the latest news, encyclopedias, stock quotes, medical statistics,
patent filings, sports scores, and much more. Click on "Top 100 sites" and
you'll find a great collection of tools to start your research efforts.

FITA's GLOBAL TRADE BOOK STORE
http://fita.org/marketplace/books.php

FITA's Global Trade Book Store <http://www.fita.org/marketplace/books.php>
(http://www.fita.org/marketplace/books.php) offers some of the best books and
publications available on international business and importing and exporting.
Take a look at Export Import
<http://www.fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=1558706151>, Go Global to
Win: The Small Business Guide in a Shrinking World
<http://www.fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=0966985400>, Import/Export:
How to Get Started in International Trade
<http://www.fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=0071358714> and much more!

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz128998>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz128998>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz128999>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2003 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz128981>

TELL A FRIEND -- http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=8886

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240