guile-sources

Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals

From: The Federation of International Trade Associations
Subject: Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 10:57:19 -0400

Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals

Monday, August 6, 2001 Issue 13   VOLUME 1 ISSUE 13
Welcome
http://fita.org

Here's your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for the International Trade Professional. This free bi-weekly newsletter reviews useful Web sites from the Web Resources database at FITA's International Trade/ Import-Export Portal at http://fita.org, an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of 4,000+ sites related to international trade.

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

My name is John McDonnell, and for years I wrote a weekly e- newsletter that profiled business-oriented Web sites. Now I'm using my Web research skills to find sites that are useful for international trade, as well as some fun sites that you'll enjoy visiting.

TEOMA -- A NEW SEARCH ENGINE
http://www.teoma.com

I'm always happy to try out new search engines, because the Web is so vast that no one search engine can encompass it all. Anytime I hear of a new way to search I try it, with the hope that it will give me a better way to find information. Teoma at www.teoma.com is an interesting new twist in that when you do your search it gives you results in three forms: a list of Web sites that match your search terms; a list of relevant sites divided by topic; and experts' links, which are directories of links of related topics. Try it. Type "import export" in the search box (without the quotation marks), and see the kind of links you get. Good stuff.

FIND AN EXPERT
http://www.vrd.org/locator/subject.shtml

Speaking of experts, there are lots of experts on the Web, just waiting to answer your questions. To find one, go to the Virtual Reference Desk Ask A+ Locator at www.vrd.org/locator/subject.shtml, which lists all the experts, divided by subject. For example, if you need to know about a region of the world, this site will take you to The Geography Home Page at geography.about.com, which has tons of geographical resources. This is a lifesaver for those times when you're stumped in work, or your kid needs help with his homework, or just anytime when you need an answer.

THE GLOSSARIST
http://www.glossarist.com/gsearch.asp

As an English major in college, I learned that word meanings are extremely important. And in an age when every industry has its own specialized language, it's even more important to pay attention to words and use them correctly, or it could cost you. At The Glossarist at www.glossarist.com/gsearch.asp you'll find a resource that will help you use the right words for just about any industry. This site is a searchable directory of 4500 glossaries that contain details of terms and terminology for hundreds of subjects. Here you'll find glossaries for shipping, international trade, transportation, packaging, finance, and many more useful subjects.

LOCATE A RADIO STATION WORLDWIDE
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/hom...

I'm so glad I found Radio-Locator at www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/home.I was getting really tired of listening to the same old local radio stations, with their boring music and inane talk shows. Now I can expand my listening to encompass the world. Radio-Locator has links to over 10,000 radio station Web pages and over 2500 audio streams from around the world. You can search by radio station, country, U.S. ZIP code, or format (Adult Contemporary, Alternative, Blues, Classical, News/Talk, Oldies, Rock, etc.). Want to hear what's on France Bleu in Paris? There's a link here. How about Radio Limerick, in Ireland? It's right here. With Internet streaming audio, you can listen to these stations on your computer.

Archive

Issue 12
July 23, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 12
Issue 11
July 09, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 11
Issue 10
June 25, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 10
Issue 9
June 11, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 9
Issue 8
May 28, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 8
Issue 7
May 14, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 7
Issue 6
April 30, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 6
Issue 5
April 16, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 5
Issue 4
April 02, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 4
Issue 3
March 19, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 3

[MORE]
   Click on a past issue number to see its content

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2001 The Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights reserved.
Are there topics you'd like to see covered in FITA'S Really Useful Sites? Send suggestions, ideas, or comments to editor John McDonnell at address@hidden =================================================================
This newsletter is distributed by the Federation of International Trade Associations (FITA) for the benefit of the worldwide international trade community. If you have a question regarding this service, please contact FITA by email at address@hidden.

Subscriptions

Enter your email address to subscribe or remove your address from this newsletter.

 Add  Remove
 Send as HTML