gsl-shell-info

[Gsl-shell-info] Introduction

From: Dibyendu Majumdar
Subject: [Gsl-shell-info] Introduction
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 22:15:49 +0100

Hi,

Many thanks for creating GSL Shell.

I am working on making Lua more friendly towards Financial Quantitative development, and having GSL Shell is a great benefit. I looked at a variety of languages before deciding on Lua - R, _javascript_ (V8), Python, Julia, Pure, various derivatives of Lua, Angelscript, etc. Ultimately I settled on Lua as I believe it has the right features for people who are not professional programmers but for whom programming is a necessity nevertheless.

I was pleased to discover that I can load my own module (written in C, C++) in GSL Shell and combine this with existing functionality. I used standard Lua C API to ensure portability between Lua and Luajit.

I am hoping to use GSL Shell and will share any thoughts I have, or feature requests :-)

Many thanks

Best regards
Dibyendu