gsl-shell-info

Re: [Gsl-shell-info] gsl_poly_complex_solve

From: Francesco Abbate
Subject: Re: [Gsl-shell-info] gsl_poly_complex_solve
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 22:05:04 +0200

2012/10/21 Victor Bombi <address@hidden>:
> Should I write ffi interface for using  gsl_poly_complex_solve or is there
> something better to do?

Hi Victor,

in principle what can be done is to create an object that encapsulate
a polynomial. This object should allow some operations like evaluation
at some x value and it can be passed to a solve function to obtain the
roots. All the functions should be implemented using the FFI
interface.

> Is there any documentation about templates?

No, currently this is undocumented. Hopefully the templates are not
needed in many cases. What we have done with other contributors is to
work together in a first implementation without templates and in some
cases I've shown how to use templates to get the best of the JIT
compiler.

In the case of the polynomial roots I'm positively sure that templates
are not needed.

I hope you want to join us to extend GSL Shell to make it better for
other users :-)

Best regards,
Francesco