gsl-shell-info

Re: [Gsl-shell-info] Semilog plot?

From: Francesco Abbate
Subject: Re: [Gsl-shell-info] Semilog plot?
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 00:45:11 +0200

2012/10/12 Milind Gupta <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>         I just started using gsl shell. This is a really great tool. I am
> trying to read a csv file and plot multiple plots on a graph. This works
> fine thanks to the excellent documentation on the website. Only thing I
> cannot find is how to convert one axis to log scale? Is there any way to do
> that?

Hi,

currently there is no explicit support for plots with log scale. Right
now the only solution is to compute explicitly the logarithm for the x
or y values before feeding the data to the plotting functions.

May be I should add the support for log scale into gsl shell but I
have to think to an appropriate user interface.

>     Also is there a module for gsl-shell that can be required in lua and
> used in another project?

The short answer is "no". Currently gsl shell should be used *instead*
of Lua, it is a sort of extended implementation of Lua. I understand
this can be inconvenient is some cases but for the moment there is no
other solution.

Best regards,
Francesco