Re: Updating eqn

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Updating eqn
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 13:09:11 -0600

On 12/7/23, Carl Milsted <cmilsted@conntects.net> wrote:
> I cloned your repo and found the bugs and fixed them on my machine. I'd
> like to know the proper procedure to send the fixes back your way. I
> have not contributed to a GNU project before.

Hi Carl,

You can open a bug report in the groff bug tracker
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=groff&func=additem), describing
the problem and attaching a patch.  You don't need to create an
account to submit a bug, but creating one lets the system email you
with updates or questions.

Alternately, you can post a patch to this email list.  But the bug
tracker is generally the better option, in case no developer has the
bandwidth to handle it right away: a mailing list post might get
forgotten, while a bug report will remain open until resolved in some
way.

Thanks for finding and fixing some eqn bugs!