GNU groff in articles

From: Jim Hall
Subject: GNU groff in articles
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 11:36:04 -0500

Hi everyone!

I don't know if you're interested in hearing about articles that
mention groff, but I wanted to share that I recently hosted a panel
discussion about technical writing, and GNU groff came up briefly
in the discussion. We ran this panel as an embedded video inside
articles on both Technically We Write and Opensource.net:

https://opensource.net/get-started-with-technical-writing/
https://technicallywewrite.com/2023/10/20/roundtable

And the other day, I also shared a video walkthrough of "tech writing
history with ed and nroff" (which used groff) which might interest
you:
https://technicallywewrite.com/2023/10/18/unixhistory

Several weeks ago, I interviewed Dr. Marshall Kirk
McKusick about how he writes his books using groff:
https://technicallywewrite.com/2023/10/13/groffbooks

I'm also interested in running articles about how to write
documents using the groff -mom macros. I'm inspired to give this
a try after interviewing Peter Schaffter about the -mom macros:
https://technicallywewrite.com/2023/09/30/groffmom

If you know of anyone who is interested in contributing to groff
in a non-code way, please encourage them to share an article on
Technically We Write!

Jim