Re: graphical manuals

From: Deri
Subject: Re: graphical manuals
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 18:08:03 +0100

On Saturday, 15 July 2023 21:20:14 BST T. Kurt Bond wrote:
> I’ve also wished for some way to browse PDF versions of the man pages as
> easily as the text ones, but taking advantage of PDF links somehow to bring
> up other PDF man pages and other PDF documents, but I think that would take
> a specialized viewer…

Hi Kurt,

You might have seen this before:-

http://chuzzlewit.co.uk/

I've got two methods, this one which uses a cgi script to generate a pdf of
the requested man page, or another using xdg to set up a protocol handler for
man:/, which involves generating the pdf and passing it to a viewer.

Cheers

Deri