gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] ubxtool to gpsd with ntrip

From: Svenn Are Bjerkem
Subject: [gpsd-users] ubxtool to gpsd with ntrip
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 18:40:23 +0200

Hi,
if I try to use ubxtool to a running gpsd session with an ntrip:// url, I get an error message that there are multiple devices available and I did not select which I want to talk to.
What is the parameter to ubxtool to tell it that I want to talk to the gps and not the ntrip provider?

If I use ubxtool with a running gpsd, there are always loads of extra sentences, not just the specific poll I am executing.

address@hidden:~/work/prg/git/gpsd$ ./ubxtool -p MON-VER -P 27
ubxtool: poll MON-VER
sent:
UBX-MON-VER:
 Poll request

{"class":"ERROR","message":"No path specified in DEVICE, but multiple devices are attached."}

The extra data I have not asked for is
UBX-NAV-PVT:
UBX-NAV-POSECEF
UBX-NAV-VELECEF