gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd loses the connection with the M8T when Raw is enab

From: Svenn Are Bjerkem
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd loses the connection with the M8T when Raw is enabled.
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 23:48:18 +0200

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 at 22:02, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yo Stéphane!
>
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:43:18 +0200
> Stéphane Péneau <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Yes UBX-RXM-RAWS messages are enabled.
>
> Out of curiosity, what do you intend to do with the RAW5 data?
>
> > I'm testing the code from git, and it seems really better. I will
> > keep you informed.
>
> Good.  The u-blox 9 code will not be stable for a while, so let us
> know if anything else looks odd.
>
> Right now, for the u-blox 9:
>
> The old style configuration code needs work as the u-blox 9 removed
> a lot of deprecated sentences.
>
> The new style configuration (Configuration Items) is mostly untested,
> but appears to work.  If you can figure out what it does...
>
> NMEA 4.1 support is flakey.  u-blox 9 NMEA defaults to 4.1
>
> Support for the multi-band skyview is almost non-existent.
>
> u-blox 9 no longer supports SBAS, that confuses a lot of people.

That triggered me for a little google session and I found this:

"The old DGPS/SBAS pseudo-range code was removed from the M8P/F9P code forks as it clutters things and doesn't work well with the RTK carrier based methods. I don't expect it to be reintegrated, ever, it is simply not a priority, and of negligible benefit vs effort to regression test.

There is support in the ZED-F9T for SBAS"

here :  https://portal.u-blox.com/s/question/0D52p00008HKEE3CAP/does-zedf9p-support-waasegnos-or-does-it-utilize-l1l2-phase-differences-internally-for-ionspheric-delay-compensation

I also found a little field experiment on the M8T/M8P : https://rtklibexplorer.wordpress.com/2018/08/14/comparison-of-the-u-blox-m8t-to-the-u-blox-m8p/

U-blox had to do something to make their RTK engine fit. Fair enough.

--
Svenn