Re: [Debian GNUstep maintainers] request for help: oolite

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Debian GNUstep maintainers] request for help: oolite
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 12:51:26 +0100

> On 1 Aug 2016, at 12:38, Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> This was my guess too, but it seemed like the use of exitLock is quite
> limited. I was not aware it was a recent change :-)
>
> Aside from someone trying to ask Oolite to fix their init, should we also cut
> a release of base then?

I don't think base is anywhere near ready for the 1.25.0 release yet (but it's
far too much changed and binary incompatible  for another 1.24.?).

I would imagine a 1 line fix to explicitly initialise (for instance) NSDate
might solve things in Oolite.

Alternatively, a patch for 1.24.9 in Debian to add/use exitLock might be an
option.

Assuming of course that the problem analysis is correct.