Re: GNUstep lock issues

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Re: GNUstep lock issues
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 10:40:26 +0100

Le 28/02/2016 10:20, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
Hi,

I experience lately problems with "someone broke our lock" issues and
other Lock related exceptions.
I have experienced this on NetBSD, OpenBSD and Linux, clang or gcc, it
is not OS nor compiler dependant. It happens on plain uniprocessor
computers.

I know that Gregory had some issues too. Greg, maybe you can add
information?

Usually the nuiseance happens when launching a GS application when one
is already running (e.g. one runs Terminal or GWorkspace and launches
application X).
I think that latley it is happening really a lot.
The most common thing is that you canot start an application and get a
popup. Retrying a couple of time helps.
Sometimes, like what happened just to me, you leave things running and
get back to the computer and found one app died leaving that in the
console.

Hi everyone,

It happens here too for a long time. I thought it was because, on the computer on which it happens, the systems boots on a very slow external USB2 drive and because a timer reached the end of its waiting time.

It's not a plain uniprocessor system ( I run this disk on a core duo macmini and on a more recent dual processor PC at work)

Usually, relaunching the app succeeds. So I didn't complain on the list.

It doesn't occur on my main machine (2x2.0 G5 , by the way, Riccardo as you asked me sometimes ago... ) which boots on a SSD.

Bertrand