Re: multiple string tokens

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: multiple string tokens
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:36:03 -0600

Hey,

I don't like using PRIdPTR because it took me a while to figure out why it
works (I had to look up that it's a format string for intptr_t, and then check
the NSInteger definition to verify that that is also intptr_t…), and PRIdPTR
introduces a dependency on how NSInteger is defined everywhere you use it.

Personally I always cast NSInteger/CGFloat to a c89 type when I need to print
them, since it will work on any Foundation implementation. Anyway, we just have
to make sure we never have (@"foo: %f", someCGFloat) or  (@"foo: %d",
someNSInteger)!

Eric