Re: A question on discardEventsMatchingMask:beforeEvent:

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: A question on discardEventsMatchingMask:beforeEvent:
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:53:58 +0700

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Banlu Kemiyatorn <address@hidden> wrote:

> (My NSApp has this implementation, allowing it to store parameters
> instead of real event on a fixed size loop queue which can migrate old
> event out of the fast loop queue and collect leak events and
> auto-scale the fast loop queue to serve dense event stream over time,
> I still need to bench a special NSEvent pool zone's thread locking
> deallocation against the traditional event generation, hopefully this
> evening, that would define the actual implementation of the design)

Just try benching with preallocated pool to make use of deallocated
object w/o reallocation, it's ~160% faster than traditional +alloc. So
my event queue would use a union for encapsulation, like XEvent.

--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  \/      \/   http://groundzerostudiocomplex.blogspot.com (Studio Research)