Should I announce work on XI2? And some Threadmill updates.

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Should I announce work on XI2? And some Threadmill updates.
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 01:17:04 +0700

Hi,
I am going to build a library for XI2 and have it integrated into
back-x11, I am wondering if anyone is already working on it (only saw
it mentioned in Etoile's thread)
For the design I'll just make an objc wrapper around the extension to
allow full access to any device, rather than bloating NSEvents but
allow aggregating to objc XI2 instances.

Would try work on this for a week or two then get back to Threadmill,
(which I think is in a good shape and playable now and if anyone want
to get help with the UI, aka TMKit, please don't feel hesitate. --
check the TODO)

Threadmill is now playable, git clone
git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/threadmill.git

Latest SS:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NRWUGak3PFo/TSyiRszNfXI/AAAAAAAAAmo/L-iWiW0ZR18/s1600/ThreadMillScreenShot.png

Possible issues.
* Don't worry, you can turn off superfluous mode!
* A build-go.sh script will build and starts the app w/o installation
of the libs in a bad way but I bet there's a better way to do this, so
pls tell me.
* Slowness when lot of nodes, the setNeedsDisplay: wasn't optmized at
all, should safely be done later.

The non-gui (TMLib) part needs advices, Should it wrap NSOperation?
Want to guide the design of this part, David ? :-) Or anyone can
thrown in every idea though.

--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  \/      \/   http://groundzerostudiocomplex.blogspot.com (Studio Research)