Re: Native ObjC exceptions configure test broken with libobjc2

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Native ObjC exceptions configure test broken with libobjc2
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 02:01:41 +0100

On 18 Sep 2010, at 21:00, Nicola Pero wrote:

> So, maybe a better solution would be to assume that (eg) @try/@throw/@catch
> works on Apple/NeXT
> runtime (ie, NeXT runtime AND __OBJC2__), and have a normal test using Object
> elsewhere ?

I seem to remember writing a post recently that described how to test for
libobjc2 and for the various optional features compiled with it.  The simplest
thing to do is just #include <objc/runtime.h> and then see if
__GNUSTEP_RUNTIME__ is defined.  If it is, skip all of the other checks and
assume a modern runtime.  You can also use objc_has_capability()  to test for
optional features, but since GNUstep doesn't currently use any of the optional
features of libobjc2 this isn't a problem.

David

-- Sent from my STANTEC-ZEBRA