Re: Next GNUstep release?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release?
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 20:34:19 -0400

Riccardo,

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Fred Kiefer wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for the bug report. For me this isn't a show stopper for the
>> next GNUstep release. It only affects Windows and mostly the WinUX theme. It
>> may be a show stopper for that theme, but we already decided not to make it
>> the default theme on Windows.
>
> Agreed, that theme should not be a showstopper, but the standard theme
> should work on windows as much as possible.

True.  For this release the WinUX theme is optional since it's
experimental as we previously discussed.

>> > From my side the only know open issue is still the Gorm segmentation
>> > fault I get from time to time. As Greg seems to be unable to reproduce
>> > this,
>> > we should go ahead with the release despite of this problem. For GUI the
>> > current feature freeze is really hindering development.
>> Does anybody disagree with that?
>>
> No, but Greg should have the last word.

I informed Fred and the list that I believe this bug to be in Gorm.
It shouldn't effect our ability to do a GUI release at this time.

>> Adam, do you think you could do the release this week?
>
> I'd very like the issue about NSToolbar crashing on SPARC being investigated
> abit, now that I have proven that it reproduces with the ToolbarExample and
> not only with Grr.

I agree that this should be investigated.  I'm wondering if this was
working in the previous release.  If so, then it's a regression and we
should fix it before the release is made.  If not, then we'll have to
decide whether to hold the release in order to fix it.

> Of course fixing the search field in the toolbar would be also very nice.
>
> Riccardo

Later, GC
--
Gregory Casamento - GNUstep Lead/Principal Consultant, OLC, Inc.
(240)274-9630 (Cell)