Re: libobjc2 on windows

From: Vincent Richomme
Subject: Re: libobjc2 on windows
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 15:14:38 +0100

> On 6 Mar 2010, at 13:57, Vincent Richomme wrote:
>
>> So how can I tell GNUmakefile to use clang ? I also tried the following
>> line:
>>
>> $> CC=clang CXX=clang++ OBJC=clang make messages=yes but same problem.
>

> This is GNU Make, not BSD Make.  The correct syntax is:
>
> $ make CC=clang
>
> libobjc2 should compile with GCC, however...

Ok so now clang is used but I get other errors due to missing headers:

./objc/runtime-legacy.h:29:10: fatal error: 'stdarg.h' file not found
#include <stdarg.h>             /* for varargs and va_list's */

This header doesn't exist with mingw, that's why you should move to
mingw-w64 toolchain on windows.
I am already working at integrating it with msys but the next step would
be to add
GNUstep part.Unfortunately I dont' know anything about GNUstep.
Hope your windows maintainer will have some time to help me with this task
or
maybe I should say I am ready to help him with that.