Re: problems building on Windows

From: Roland Schwingel
Subject: Re: problems building on Windows
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:36:15 +0100

Hi Doug...

This is a known bug for a couple of months.

We build on windows for quite 2 years now using the compiler toolchain and runtime from mingw-w64.sf.net. We use it for both generating 32bit and 64bit windows code (and also the same compiler rebuild from source on linux for building code for linux). The original mingw.org toolchain turned out to contain much to much bugs and inconsitencies. But I have to confess that we are not using gnustep-make to build our objc-code, we are having our own inhouse buildsystem for compiling our code, so I cannot be of much help in integrating the compiler within gnustep-make.

Roland

Doug Simons <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

22.02.2010 20:46

GNUstep Developer <address@hidden>
cc
Subject
problems building on Windows

Recent updates have left base unbuildable for me on Windows (I haven't tried other platforms). Are some of the recent changes still being checked in? Here's the last part of what I'm seeing (I'm currently at r29700):

 Compiling file NSUserDefaults.m ...
Linking subproject win32 ...
Making all for library libgnustep-base...
Compiling file inet_pton.c ...
In file included from ../Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase/preface.h:79,
                from GNUstepBase/GSConfig.h:221,
                from inet_pton.c:22:
c:/GNUstep/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/objc/objc.h:42: error: conflicting types for 'BOOL'
c:\gnustep\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../include/windef.h:234: note: previous decla
ration of 'BOOL' was here
make[3]: *** [obj/inet_pton.c.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [internal-library-all_] Error 2
make[1]: *** [libgnustep-base.all.library.variables] Error 2
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

--
Doug Simons

Principal Developer
TestPlant

TestPlant Inc T    +1 720-890-0211 ext 13
4730 Walnut Street F    +1 720-890-0209
Boulder, CO 80301 address@hidden
USA

http://www.testplant.com

This email and any attachments may contain privileged / confidential information. If you have received this email in error
or believe that you are not the intended recipient, please delete all content and attached files and contact TestPlant via
the switchboard on +1 720-890-0211 or via return e-mail. You should not copy, forward or use any part of the
contents in any way. Any such unauthorised use or disclosure may be unlawful.