Re: Implementing CFSTR() in corebase

From: Vincent Richomme
Subject: Re: Implementing CFSTR() in corebase
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 20:20:28 +0100

> Yes, it really sounds like we could share the effort. I am willing to
> implement the missing functions in Corebase to provide a common base for
> CFLite and GNUstep corebase that can be used to build Opal on. Of course
> this is only worth the effort if you want to participate in Opal
> development.
> What I didn't understand is what you plan to use OpenVG for. Isn't cairo
> by itself sufficient? Or do you want to use OpenVG as the cairo backend
> (in the cairo sense of backend)?

Actually I have started this project as a proprietary one because I am
interested
almost exclusively by embedded world(Windows ce, nokia maemo, samsung) and

I wanted to allow company to easily port their iphone apps to other
platforms.
If I don't manage to do it I will open source code but for now it will
stay close.
About openVG, there is almost a one to one connection between openVG and
iPhone api,
besides I am using a commercial implementation built above opengl es to
benefit from
hardware acceleration when possible.
But I must admit that cairo is a good candidate too, that's why I am
interested in both
to make some comparisons.
However if I don't become rich ;-), I will contribute to your project.
Note : When I said that your stuff is complicated I wanted to say that
getting a working
objective-C 2.0 compiler on non-darwin platforms(windows ce for instance)
is not an easy task.
That's why I am thinking more and more to only implement CoreGraphics and
use c++ or ooc
(new language that actually emits standard C code) for the high-level
framework.