Re: XML GNUstep defaults (was: [flame] NEWS file is useless)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: XML GNUstep defaults (was: [flame] NEWS file is useless)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:24:25 +0000

On 27 Nov 2009, at 20:05, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

> Maybe we should file a bug with OS X on that by explaining them that they're
> writing invalid XML 1.0.

I did that some years ago.  Possibly they fixed it.

> A fix would be simple for Apple, I think there's nothing to stop them from
> fixing this. On what occasion does the ascii code 27 (escape) get written?

Well, it used to get written as the key for the autosaved location of the main
menu in OPENSTEP and Rhapsody (possibly early OSX) before they completely
removed the ability to use vertical menus, and I think it's cropped up in some
text NIB files, but I don't have an example.