[flame] NEWS file is useless

From: Wolfgang Sourdeau
Subject: [flame] NEWS file is useless
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:21:30 -0500

Hi everyone,

This morning, I have inadvertently updated gnustep-base on my Debian machine, which remained at version 1.19 since april this year....
To my surprise, I have found at least two unannounced changes:
- the property list format is now serialized directly in XML, which is somehow useful.... or, well, maybe not. - the NSZoneMallocAtomic function has been removed, causing SOGo users to fail in compiling SOPE

Surprise, surprise, the NEWS files does not list any of those changes. Moreover they happened during a minor update of the library. Let me tell you this kind of unannounced changes are totally unpleasant (and an IRC channel does not count for announcing those).
It would be better to polish your release process a little bit...

Cheers,

--
Wolfgang Sourdeau  ::  +1 (514) 447-4918 ext. 125  ::  address@hidden
Inverse inc. Leaders behind SOGo (www.scalableogo.org) and PacketFence