Re: Proposal: new name: pbxbuild -> pearbuild

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Proposal: new name: pbxbuild -> pearbuild
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:57:43 -0500

A few more comments about pbxbuild since we're on the subject.    I
have a few suggestions regarding the code:

1) Separate out the code which does the actual conversion.  It would
be useful to have this as a library in case it could be used by other
tools or apps, such as ProjectCenter.
2) Refactor the code which does the conversion.   Currently it is
somewhat procedural in nature.   From looking at the structure of the
xcodebuild file... it is a dependency tree.   We can take one of two
approaches with this:
   a) Make the tool do the building directly, such as with
xcodebuild...   this would mean that pbxbuild wouldn't just use make,
but would become a full on make replacement
   b) OR find ways to make what is in the xcodebuild files into
something equivalent in GNUstep-make files.

Allow me to be clear here.... I am not suggesting in any way that
pbxbuild become a replacement for gnustep-make or anything... only
that pbxbuild would benefit from such enhancements. :)

GC

--
Gregory Casamento
## GNUstep Chief Maintainer