Re: bindings and Renaissance

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: bindings and Renaissance
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:15:52 +0000

Hello

I'm playing with Renaissance : i just add a 'bind' tag and some examples.

<bind source="#source" label="binding" target="#target" key="key.path"/>

is (or should be) equivalent to :

[#source bind: @"binding" toObject:#target withKeyPath:@"key.path" options:nil]

Thanks - it's a nice experiment - it would be interesting to study how Interface Builder is using
bindings

3) the 'sendActionOn' attribute seems broken, the textField only 'act' when i
press the Enter key. Is it a Renaissance issue ?

I'm not sure when textFields are expected to send their actions. On Apple Mac OS X they seem to send their action when you press the 'Enter' key, so
I suppose that would match the GNUstep behaviour ?

That might be desirable after all. Eg, if you have '34' in your textField and want to change it to '49', you may select the text, delete everything, then type '4' then type '9', and you only want the stepper to be updated when the final text is completed, ie, the 'Enter' key
is pressed :-)

Thanks