Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 01:09:32 +0100

This is a very optimistic view of things, which I cannot share for the
whole of GNUstep at the moment.

My feeling is the race is over and we lost. Apple has just released a
shining new version of there system and GNUstep is rather stagnant. We
are no longer attracting old or new developers and it doesn't look like
this is going to change. Have a look at the Changelog files from the
last half year and you will understand what I mean. Not even the paid
coders from GSoC made any difference.

We urgently need to change the way GNUstep appears to the outside world,
or we will become as obsolete as now seem. Personally I am thinking
about reducing my involvement with GNUstep. It still is fun to hack way
on GNUstep, but trying to get the library out of its current stagnation
phase would require a bigger effort, which I cannot see at the moment.

Cheers,
Fred