Re: Use of libobjc from gcc 4.1 with MinGW

From: Andrew Pinski
Subject: Re: Use of libobjc from gcc 4.1 with MinGW
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:27:40 -0700

On 3/21/07, Xavier Glattard <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

I found out how to compile gnustep-base with the gcc4.1 objc library (not the
gnustep one). I can now enable native exceptions :-)

I had to change one line in objc-decls.h :

- #if defined (_WIN32) || defined (__WIN32__) || defined (WIN32)
+ #if !defined(__MINGW32__) && defined (_WIN32) || defined (__WIN32__) ||
defined (WIN32)

I think this change is wrong for libobjc in general.  The question
comes down to why is mingw is special compared to cygwin, it is not.
Now what is most likely happening is something is not being exported
when it should be.

I have an idea of what but since I don't run windows with libobjc, I
don't know for sure.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski