Re: Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64

From: Andrew Pinski
Subject: Re: Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:48:13 -0700

On 3/14/07, Michael Gardner <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for the hint. I played around with my manual compile command,
and found that I can duplicate the crashing behavior of the gmake
build if I do *either* of the following two things:

1) Omit "-fobjc-exceptions" from the command I gave above:

g++41 -I$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Headers
-L$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Libraries -lobjc -lgnustep-base -o main
main.m

(same result if I use gcc instead of g++).

You still have to compile your program with -fexceptions to get "objc"
exceptions working with objective-C.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski