Re: Test base library stable branch please

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Test base library stable branch please
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:37:56 -0700

On Jan 25, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Graham J Lee wrote:

On 25 Jan 2007, at 22:49, David Ayers wrote:

P.S. I think we definitely could do with NSLocale for formatting and so forth. I think I could implement this for POSIX-esque systems so will give it a go; having no clue HTF Windows i18n works I will avoid offering a cross-platform solution though ;-). But, having never implemented a GS class from scratch before, especially one which isn't part of the OpenStep specification: any copyright/ left pitfalls? Any API-matching @interface of a Cocoa class is obviously going to look remarkably similar to an Apple header file, is using their API documentation and writing my own header file from scratch appropriate?

Using documentation to create the header and get API information is the best way to do this.

It might also be best to hide ivars as much as possible - we've been wanting to do that for more classes to avoid compatibility breakage when we need to add an ivar. Richard might have more ideas about that.